- plate, platter or shallow bowl
- 1/2″ PVC pipe bushing
- 3-foot length of 1/2″ steel stake or PVC pipe
- exterior spray paint (your choice of color)
- sandpaper or sanding block
- silicon sealant or epoxy adhesive
- craft paper
- permanent marker
2. Sand the wide edge of the PVC bushing.
3. Lightly sand PVC pipe or steel stake
4. Following manufacturer’s instructions, paint PVC bushing and accompanying stake
Mark the center of the birdbath.
2. Turn the plate right side up and firmly press onto craft paper, creating an imprint for your template.
3. Carefully cut out the template. Repeat steps 1-3 for the PVC bushing.
4. Fold the craft paper templates into quarters. Cut off the tip at the narrow end of the folded templates, creating a small hole in the center.
5. Place the large template on the bottom of the plate. Mark the center of the plate using a permanent marker.
6. Align the center of the PVC pipe bushing template with the center point of the plate. Mark the outside edge of the PVC template.
Attach the bushing.
2. Allow adhesive to cure.
3. Pound stake into ground and place birdbath on stake. Fill with water. Enjoy!