s we discovered, this DIY Christmas tree project was not only fun, but it was relatively easy and the finished product turned out great. Creating unique Christmas scenes for front porches, walkways, or yards is popular but the decor has to withstand the weather and look great all season long. Very few stores sell products like this, which makes them unique and while we thought this project was going to be challenging, all it takes is a few items and a little good old fashioned DIY ingenuity. We certainly learned some things along the way so take a look and you’ll see for yourself how neat DIY wooden Christmas trees with marquee lighting can be for you.
Basic tools needed
- Power drill
- Circular saw
- Pry bar
- Wood Drill Bits (a 13/16″ bit works perfect for our E12 stringers)
- Measuring tape
- 1 basic wooden pallet per Christmas tree
- A few wood screws (1 ” to 2 1/4″)
- Paint & brushes
- Sandpaper (60-80 grit)
- Safety glasses
- E12/C7 light stringers (lengths recommended below)
- Any bulbs with an E12 base (bulbs recommended below)
- And, don’t forget your favorite playlist so you can jam out while you work!
Click here to get started!